17 May 2010

A Short Respite

Our workshop is completed and we have the day off today. We're all very thankful for this short respite. One of the teachers at the workshop sounds like the Sheriff of Nottingham in Disney's Robin Hood. I thought that was pretty great. The most of unfortunate part is how similar the workshop is to the counseling class I've taken.

Though much of what we did was a repeat of my counseling class, I certainly still learned things. Perhaps the biggest thing I learned was just how importance presence is. In fact, we are told that just being there is the most important part of chaplaincy. We are to go into a room and listen. This is encouraging, since that is one of the reasons that I chose this internship. I feel that I am a good listener, and have always had people confiding in me. I know that this will come in handy over this summer.

Along with the workshop we've had some fun as well. The Frombergs are absolutely fantastic and pretty hilarious as well. I know we're all going to have a ton of fun together. Yesterday evening we headed out to Morgan's Point for some jazz and fellowshipping. We had a great time just relaxing and wading in the bay.

0 comments: