24 June 2009

Saving A Life

Well, I saved a life yesterday. All in a good days work, you know? I suppose I should explain. I work in the Interlibrary Loan office at ACU. Yesterday morning my boss received a frantic phone call from a hospital librarian. I emailed the article to the hospital as emergency request. I found out that afternoon that the hospital wanted an article that only ACU has. They said the information would help save a boy's life. My boss heard from the hospital later in the day that the article helped and boy is okay. So we did good!

That's about the extent of my excitement these days. I'm spending most of my day at work in the library. I now work on all three floors.

I did have some good fun last week. I headed off with Dava Lynn Sullivan to New Beginnings Camp near Tyler, TX. It was a great week, I learned a lot and I came home exhausted. I had thirteen preschoolers for most of the day, and two for the entire day. I was a stand-in mom for a week for Dava Lynn, who is the camp director. Her boys are sweet, though sometimes the two-year-old is a bit of a stinker. I'll write more about my camp experiences later, as it was a great thing.

Since I last posted my baby sister has graduated from high school. Obviously she's not a baby anymore, but it's still crazy to think she'll be at ACU with me next year.

My family also got a new dog. She's a beautiful Australian Shepherd mix that the Reese family had to give up as they head to Thailand. Java will follow you around the house and slide up under your hand. If you don't pet her, she will lick and nudge your hand until you do. Anyway, she's a hoot and we already love her tons.

The kids before Amara' graduation

Java likes to shake, one of her few tricks

0 comments: