31 October 2008

Catch Phrase

It comes every year on the last day of October. It's the day before All Saint's Day. You dress up and get lots and lots of candy.

Yep, it's Halloween!!

If you guessed correctly, which I'm assuming you did, then you might consider playing a game of catch phrase with me. It would make me extremely happy.

Halloween as a child

I am dressed as a lamb and Amara is Lot's Wife - a pillar of salt. You know your Dad is a Bible professor when ... Well, I suppose he was a preacher at that point. 


Wow, I sure miss these guys. A year ago yesterday we all dressed up as each other for Halloween. It was so much fun. I even died my hair red for the occasion. Unfortunately, I didn't dress up yesterday. There were no parties to dress up for. We did, however, go to G&D's where I had a scoop of "Nightmare on Clarendon". It was vanilla ice cream with sweets, specifically for the spooky holiday. We came home, had more sugar, drank some coffee and played catch phrase for hours. Thank goodness for JoAnna, who loves that game as much as I do. It's amazing how many times Jesus can come up in a word game.

The weather here feels very much like fall. It's cold and wet dismal. Yellow and orange leaves flutter and fall to the ground as trees bend and sway in the wind. I cannot believe that today is November 1st. We have just over a month left here, and I'm not yet ready to leave. I'll just enjoy it while I can.

0 comments: