03 November 2008

Oxford University Press

Everyone may be interested to know that I love to read. Unfortunately I haven't got a whole lot of reading in lately because of homework and the beckoning of the city of Oxford. In fact, I've had to resort to reading miniature books just so that I can fit them in.
Today our Oxford through the Ages class went and toured the Oxford University Press. It was fascinating to see the progression of printing techniques. For one who loves books as I do, this was a delightful visit. Once again we saw several amazing things and even got to flip through a Geneva Bible that was printed in London. I just kept asking myself if it was "real" (aka from the 16th century), or just a copy. Very cool just the same. I enjoy this stuff a lot. Who knows, maybe I should look into a career in journalism?
A Geneva Bible and a book of prayer

0 comments: